Cannabis legalization has been a hot topic of discussion for several years now, with many celebrities coming forward to voice their support for this cause. From musicians to actors, athletes to politicians, many well-known figures have spoken out about the benefits of cannabis and advocated for its legalization. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at some of the most prominent celebrities who have lent their voice to the cause of cannabis legalization.
- Snoop Dogg: Known for his love of cannabis, Snoop Dogg even has his own line of strains called Leafs by Snoop. Unfortunately, Leafs is only available in Colorado currently. Recently, Snoop has expressed his support for the NBA to no longer ban cannabis for players.
- “It’s a peace thing for me. I just love the peace it brings.” – Snoop Dogg
- Seth Rogen: Seth is not shy about his love of weed and has been open about smoking it in many of his movies. He owns his own brand called “House Plant” which offers pre-rolls and flower. They also sell luxury accessories including elegant ashtrays and other smoking devices.
- “I smoke weed all day, every day.” – Seth Rogen
- Willie Nelson: Willie Nelson is a longtime cannabis advocate and even has his own line of strains called Willie’s Reserve. Lately, Willie has been advocating for cannabis legalization in his home state of Texas, going as far as hosting the Luck Summit, a conference geared around “the mission to create a community of action around destigmatizing, decriminalizing, and legalizing Hemp and Cannabis in the State of Texas and across the Nation.”
- “I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is an herb and a flower.” – Willie Nelson
- Cheech Marin: Cheech Marin is half of the iconic stoner comedy duo Cheech and Chong. He has his own line of cannabis called Cheech’s Stash, available in Colorado, Nevada, California, and Washington state.
- “Marijuana was a new phenomenon when we started. Now it’s for everyone – doctors, lawyers, presidents.” – Cheech Marin
- Tommy Chong: Tommy Chong is the other half of Cheech and Chong and is also known for his love of cannabis. Cannabis is very personal for Chong, as he credits it for saving his life from cancer twice. He has been vocal about legalization of cannabis and prison reform longer than most of his fans have been alive!
- “If more people were stoned there would be less violence in the world.” – Tommy Chong
- Rihanna: Rihanna has been open about her love of cannabis and has even posted pictures of herself smoking on social media.
- “I love smoking weed. I find it makes me more creative.” – Rihanna
- Wiz Khalifa: Wiz Khalifa is a rapper who often raps about smoking weed in his songs. Wiz has his own brand called Khalifa Kush. He started the brand long before common legalization in 2010, and took it to legal markets in 2014.
- “I wake up and smoke before I do anything. You know, I smoke before I brush my teeth.” – Wiz Khalifa
- Woody Harrelson: Woody Harrelson is an actor and cannabis activist who has been arrested multiple times for possession. He’s advocated for legalization for many years, and has been vocal about the importance of proper usage. He recently opened his own dispensary, The Woods, in Los Angeles.
- “I do smoke, but I don’t go through all this trouble just because I want to make my drug of choice legal. It’s about personal freedom. We should have the right in this country to do what we want, if we don’t hurt anybody.” – Woody Harrelson
From Willie Nelson to Snoop Dogg, from Rihanna to Seth Rogen, these celebrities have used their platform and influence to support cannabis legalization. They have helped to change public perception of cannabis by sharing their own positive experiences with the plant and emphasizing its potential to benefit individuals and society as a whole. As cannabis continues to gain legal acceptance across the United States and beyond, these celebrity advocates will continue to play an important role in shaping the conversation around this controversial issue.